Sunday, August 19, 2012

Futility.

Yesterday was the Annul Prize distribution ceremony of the Asansol Sub Divisional Sports Association. I attended it after a long, long, time. It was in a pretty bad state before, and it has duly maintained its standards. However the funny part is, no matter how bad state the ASDSA is, no matter how much our demands remain unanswered, our State ministers, whichever, political party, ( the last time I was there CPM was in control ), invariably make it to the occasion, some don't,obviously though. As you watch these ministers dressed in thier dhoti - panjabi's or suits, and the boys and girls, vast majority of who are from the semi - urban parts of our town, some incredibly talented, but unaware of the fact, you just begin to realise again how the terms ' Scouting talents ' or ' Youth Developments ' are still misnomers in India on a broader perspective. It makes me, sad, really sad, though in a few months, I would not have anything to do with it. I remember the last time I attended this, I was entering my adolescence, and I had a huge row with mom regarding how I would dress myself up for the occasion. So, as I was approaching towards the dais yesterday, (wearing my regular tracks, and a funk college T- shirt having the words " I only give negative feedback " boldly imprinted infront, hahaha!, and I was pretty sure I was the worst dressed person in the hall) to collect my runner up medal towards the impeccably dressed  whoever minister, it was nonchalance redefined for me.


I have plans. It would be stupid talking about them now, but I do have them in place all right.

3 comments:

  1. sala....sept e district championships...abar 1st round ba second round e pod mariye chole asbo....eto frustrated lage na....ekta bhalo player nei bhalo....ekhane....sir er over 55 age....practise khub bhalo koraye...but match khelte pare na ei boyesh e....tai shots bhalo holeo due to lack of quality match practise, pati here chole asbo...amar khelata kirom stagnate kore jache tar jonne...ektu bhalo r dike player hole....7-8 obdi giye here jai...temperament er obhabe...training partner hoe jachi...edike kol, siliguri r player gulo..100 ta tournament khele bochor e....i know there's not much i can do....and i so desperately wan't some quality match practise, so that i can compete well against the quality players too...but i'm still so far away from it....it gets me sometimes, real bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but then i was the one to give you all the hierarchy bullshit....so, it's all good i suppose.

    ReplyDelete