Thursday, December 26, 2019

Connecting the Dots

4 Years. This isn't the first time I thought of blogging all this while. It's an impossible task to catch on with the incredible things that have happened! Like I said before, I don't blog when I am happy. This would be short.

I started my new job a week ago, which meant I had a relatively easy last couple of months. This gave me some time to take stock of everything around me. The last three books I read were about the evolution of football tactics, early life of a former president of the United States, about climate change and the impeding apocalypse which the world conveniently chooses to ignore. This along with some newly gained armchair interest on economics and the current political situation of the country has disoriented my mind to a point where I simply cannot ignore it anymore. Well, this blog doesn't absolve me of ignorance but hell yeah I can vent here.

Does this world in general accept and value independent opinion without labeling or polarizing me on the basis of my sex, religion, origin, political allegiance, race ? I can go on. Globalization, Artificial Intelligence, Automation enhance the market but what about the communities who get left behind? Does one size fit all policies actually work for such communities? We have set up huge trade markets to boost global economy and in less than 50 years, countries are starting to pull the plugs using a hollow 'Country first' narrative with no regard for the people involved? Globalization is irreversible. 1000 people move to Bangalore everyday and construction bans are being contemplated. Nothing makes sense anymore. And then there is Manchester United. Well, all this considering some superhuman intervention prevents us from famine, floods and an eventual apocalypse in the next couple of  hundred years. Sample all this with the micro problems my parents seem to have and a whole new dimension opens up.

Of course these are points which has all been said before. There is no originality in my thought or bravery and conviction in my soul to take these issues head on. I do hope someday though, that I connect the dots.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Suman for writing this! This is phenomenal and brings the entire experience to life.

    ReplyDelete